Maybe you’re trying to go to the gym tonight and you need to eat something that isn't going to kill you but still tastes like heaven. This may or may not be my life 3 days a week, so I have to be pretty innovative to not go nuts. I don't know about you, but I can only eat chicken so many damn times in a week before I want to be a vegetarian. Jokes aside, this recipe is simple and you can repeat it for however many people you need to cook for!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 medium-sized fresh chicken breast
- 3 slices of provolone cheese
- 4 slices of crispy bacon
- Cooking spray
When cutting your bacon or chicken breast, be sure to use a sharp knife! This makes pre-slicing bacon or butterfly filleting your chicken a charm. Always be sure to exercise proper hygiene when dealing with raw chicken! Your temperature needs to read 165 degrees before consumption.
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Line a baking pan with foil, then coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Heat up a skillet on medium-high heat. Add bacon and crisp it up.
- Remove bacon from the skillet and set aside.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and make a cut with a sharp knife, right down the middle but be sure to not cut all the way through!
- You will then take your knife and butterfly cut each side from the middle.
- You should now have a pouch inside your chicken breast with 2 flaps.
- Place 1 slice of provolone down inside the pouch.
- Crumble your bacon and fill the pouch.
- Place 2 slices of cheese over the pouch to seal up the chicken.
- Cover with tin foil and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve immediately with a side of broccoli or HASSELBACK POTATOES.
This is a very easy last-minute dinner option! Experiment with the type of cheese and the type of filling! I have personally tried smoked gouda and spinach, and American cheese and broccoli! Enjoy!