Do you ever find yourself thinking about your dinner options and just being burnt out on the 10 rotating meals you cook? Well, fear no more. This breakfast skillet will bring some spice back to your table, heck maybe even your relationship.
I know what you're thinking. Breakfast for dinner? But don't rely on me to set the rules of your house. I can eat breakfast food any time of the day so grab your knife, apron, and skillet and let's jump in.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 8 cage-free eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 slices of thick-cut bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices thin-cut cheddar cheese cut into 1-inch squares
- 4 medium golden Yukon potatoes
- Heat a large skillet up on medium-high heat.
- Place a potato on a cutting board and sharpen your knife. Cut your potatoes in half lengthwise, do this twice. You will then cut your potato wedges into cubes.
- Cut 4 slices of Cheddar or American cheese and set aside.
- Grab your bacon slices and stack them on top of each other. Cut your stack of bacon into ¼ inch strips.
- Fry your bacon strips until they are nice and crispy! Remove and drain but keep grease.
- Take your potato cubes and add them to your hot bacon grease. Add Vegetable oil to bacon grease. Stir continuously.
- Once your potatoes are starting to brown, keep stirring to prevent them from burning.
- Crack 8 eggs in a bowl and whisk to perfection.
- Take your dried, crispy bacon and add to the potatoes along with the eggs.
- Use a spatula to fold everything together.
- Add cheese and serve immediately!
This recipe is great for 2 people, but can easily be multiplied to feed your family and friends!